Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 6R2 upgrade: "weird" URLs

Vote:

I just upgraded a site from EPiServer 6R2 to EPiServer 7.0, and after fixing all the PageTypeBuilder issues (we're going to clean those up, sometime...) and changing all URLs from type String to EPiServer.Url I noticed that some URLs are malfunctioning. They suddenly link to /Templates/ instead of the correct URL. I double checked all the URL definitions in the code and the database, but they seem to be all fine (e.g., type is Url and not String). Even weirder when it does work just fine locally, but only gives an error on the test server.

Anyone got a clue where to start looking?

Jan 20, 2015 9:09
Vote:

how is this going?
could it be related to  “classic” links - see the breaking changes document

Jan 26, 2015 9:49
Vote:

Not that well actually, haven't found anything yet. The breaking changes document seems to refer to EPiServer 7 to 7.5 by the way, is there something similair for EPiServer 6R2 to 7?

Jan 26, 2015 13:06
Vote:

here is breaking changes 7
s
uggest you create a support case so we can take a closer look

Edited, Jan 26, 2015 14:28
Vote:

I looked at the breaking changes, and that details nothing I haven't fixed already, unfortunately :(
After checking a few more things, I did indeed file a support case. It looks like the issue is in datatypes not being updated properly in the database, because the same code works just fine on my local machine. The issue number is DI-150243.

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2015 16:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.