Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The type or namespace name 'Framework' does not exist in the namespace 'EPiServer'

Vote:

Hi,

EPiserver 7 site(migrated from 5.2) is working fine on test environment but after deploying it on uat server it is giving below mentioned error.All the required softwares are installed properly on UAT server.

code at line 1529 in we.config is:- 

Please look this issue on priority.

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpCompileException
Exception message: c:\Teller\Web.config(1529): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Framework' does not exist in the namespace 'EPiServer' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Sep 26, 2014 7:53
Vote:

Looking at a plain vanilla Alloy MVC site configuration, I see the following that might be interesting for you:

Sep 26, 2014 9:05
Vote:

hi,

I have migrated site from Episerver 5.2 to 6.0->6.1 and then 7.0 and this is not mvc site.

Sep 26, 2014 9:29
Vote:

Ok, let me rephrase this a bit. When you install a new EPiServer 7.5 site, regardless if it's based on MVC or Web Forms, you get the following configuration added for the site to be able to run. The EPiServer User Interface uses some MVC for it's views, thus you need MVC even if your templates are built using Web Forms. I would suggest that you add the line in bold from the previous post to see if this solves your problem. 

Sep 26, 2014 9:45
Vote:

hi,

The entire section which you mentioned above is already in web.config file.

Sep 26, 2014 14:04
Vote:

Just my 2 cents:

- Is app pool running on correct .Net version?

- Is EPiServer.Framework.dll in bin/ folder

- Is System.Web.Mvc.dll present in bin/ dir?

- Is it 7.0 or 7.5 site?

Sep 29, 2014 20:46
Vote:

Thanks Valdis

- Is app pool running on correct .Net version?   - Yes

- Is EPiServer.Framework.dll in bin/ folder  - Yes 

- Is System.Web.Mvc.dll present in bin/ dir?   - No we didn't find it in Episerver folder neither in published site folder in UAT server but same scenario with Test server and test site is up and running fine. Can you give us excact path to find?

- Is it 7.0 or 7.5 site? - IT is7.0 site

Sep 30, 2014 7:45
Vote:

Hm, strange. Which .Net version are you targeting?

If you can't find System.Web.Mvc.dll in your bin/ then most probably you are using Mvc installed "globally" on the machine (it's better to reference particular NuGet package). Try to find it in GAC or in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 4\Assemblies.

Don't have 7.0 installed anymore to play around - so just a wild guesses..

Sep 30, 2014 11:42
Vote:

Thanks Veldis

System.Web.Mvc.dll is there at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 4\Assemblies.

but still getting the above mentined issue.

Oct 01, 2014 13:47
Vote:

And we have instaaled .net framweowrk 4.5 but in web.config file it is showing targetframework as 4.0

Oct 01, 2014 13:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.