Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Internet error cannot display the web page when using iis express in EPiserver7.0

Vote:

Hi,

I have migrated from EPiserver5.2 to 6.0 and then 7.0.

when i am running the EPiserver7.0 application in IIS express i am getting this message.

internet explorer cannot display the webpage.

Could you please tell me where i am wrong.

Jul 02, 2014 10:40
Vote:

Is it only in IE? IIS Express should not depend on the browser. Try to mapp your local IIS server to the solution and have a go. If you have migrated from cms 5 there could be the issue that your web.config is not configure to run with the latest IIS 7 and above. There is a way to migrate the config-file. You could also try to just install an empty cms 7 solution an get that web.config file and see if you get the website to start at least.

Jul 02, 2014 11:49
Vote:

I created the new config file from EPiserver7.0 site and copied into migrated 7.0 project but no luck.

This is my code in global.asax.cs file and i am getting this warning in event viewer.
Exception information:

Exception type: NullReferenceException

Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at EPiServerSample.Global.UrlRewriteModule_HttpRewriteInit(Object sender, UrlRewriteEventArgs e) in c:\Projects\App Teller7.0\Source\User Interface\TellerNo\Global.asax.cs:line 49

at EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModuleBase.OnHttpRewriteInit(UrlRewriteEventArgs e)

at EPiServer.Web.RoutingUrlRewriteModule.Init(HttpApplication application)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext)

protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)

{

EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModule.HttpRewriteInit += new EventHandler(UrlRewriteModule_HttpRewriteInit);
}

///

/// This adds the hooks to the UrlRewriter instance

///

void UrlRewriteModule_HttpRewriteInit(object sender, EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteEventArgs e)

{

UrlRewriteModuleBase module = sender as UrlRewriteModuleBase;

if (module != null)

{

module.HtmlAddingRewriteToExternalFilter += module_HtmlAddingRewriteToExternalFilter;

UrlRewriteProvider.ConvertedToExternal += UrlRewriteProvider_ConvertedToExternal;  line 49

}

}

///

/// Remove language from path if it is the default for the hostname.

///

private void UrlRewriteProvider_ConvertedToExternal(object sender, UrlRewriteEventArgs e)

{

if (e.IsModified)

{

string lang = LanguageSelection.GetLanguageFromHost();

if (e.Url.Path.StartsWith('/' + lang + '/'))

{

e.Url.Path = e.Url.Path.Substring(lang.Length + 1);

}

}

}

Jul 04, 2014 11:59
Vote:

We were able to solve the above problem, but now we are facing another issue. When we run the website using IIS Express we face the following below mentioned error HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it. Most likely causes: •The file extension for the requested URL does not have a handler configured to process the request on the Web server. Things you can try: •If the file extension does not have a handler associated with it, add a handler mapping for the extension. •Verify that the handler associated with the file extension is properly installed and configured. •Check the failed request tracing logs for additional information about this error. For more information, click here. Detailed Error Information: Module: IIS Web Core Notification: MapRequestHandler Handler: Not yet determined Error Code: 0x80070002 Your kind support in helping us resolve the issue will be highly appreciated.
Jul 09, 2014 17:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.