Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Validation of viewstate MAC failed

Vote:

Hi!

I'm getting "Validation of viewstate MAC failed" in an IFrameComponent. I've tried disabling EnableViewstateMac, EnableEventValidation, ViewStateEncryptionMode... both on the page, web.config and on the controls. Nothing seems to help. I read that machinekey also could be an issue but it doesn't seem like it in my case.

The error occurs when I click a button that posts to the server. When debugging all values are correct and no exceptions are thrown.

In another IFrameComponent that has an input field and a button the error occurs if I type in the input field and hit enter. If I type and the click the button with the mouse everything works as expected.

I worked around that problem by wrapping the input and button in a panel with the defaultbutton set. Sadly that doesn't work for my new component.

Has anyone else had this problem?

/Peter

May 16, 2014 13:56
Vote:

It was the action attribute on the <form> tag that somehow messed things up. I removed it after the page has loaded and then everything works.

/Peter

Jun 05, 2014 10:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.