Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

LinkValidator proplem with javascript redirects

Vote:

A customer have problems with the LinkValidator in EPiServer. They have done some research and found that the majority of the problems are caused by webpages which redirects through javascript. An example of such link is : http://www.lovdata.no/all/tl-19970228-019-022.html#8-27 .

They are pretty sure that checking these links exclusively through HEAD requests is not enough. Is there anyone familiar with this problem? And is there any solution to it?

-Atle

May 14, 2014 10:54
Vote:

I had a customer that also had links that needed more then a HEAD request to get validated as true. But for them it was enought to remove then from the job. So I added the pattern to excludePatterns.

If this isn't good enough for your customer I guess you could write your own validator jobb and use a Get requeset for these links instead.

May 14, 2014 11:04
Vote:

Thank you, for a quick answer Petter!

They are now looking into writing their own validator.

Edited, May 15, 2014 10:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.