Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Save different versions of a page

Vote:

Hello,

We´re about to do some A/B tests on a site. And we need 3 different versions of the same page.

But I´m unable to find where you can save different version of a page without publishing the page first.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Best regards,

Jon

Dec 01, 2014 10:35
Vote:

You should be able to create new versions from the version gadget, regardless if the current draft is published or not.

Dec 01, 2014 10:46
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Thanks for your answer, but I can´t find a way to create a new version in the version gadget.

If i right click on a version I get the standard browser menu. If I LMB click on it I get som info, like pagename etc..

In "more alternatives" everything is grey, except "remove" if i choose a earlier published version.

Settings doesn´t contain any useful stuff for creating a new version.

So that doesn´t seem to work. Or maybe i´m just doing it wrong? No other ideas?

Br,

Jon

Dec 01, 2014 14:00
Vote:

Hi!

I've tried this and see that my memory was not fully up to date. The pattern to create a new version is:

• Select the published version from the versions gadget.
  • There should now be a new option, "New Draft from Here", in the options/publish menu.
Dec 02, 2014 13:56
Vote:

Hello again,

Couldn´t find the option if I selected the published version, only if i selected a previously published version of the page.

One might thing that it´s kind of strange not to be able to do a version of the published page, and not logical at all to not put the option "New draft from here" in the version gadget.

Thanks for your help!

Br,

Jon

Dec 03, 2014 7:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.