Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer project on IIS 8.0 express - 500 error

Vote:

Hello,

Today I tried to locally run a internet EPiServer 7 project on IIS 8 Express ( Windows 8.1 ). I set up everything as I should have in IIS in my mind ( domain, rights to the web folder ) but everytime I try to load the website, IIS returns a 500 internal server error. ( The project runs just fine on a windows 7 machine of a collegue )

The Windows Application Event log still 'hints' towards an access rights issue.  "Event message: An unhandled access exception has occurred. "

Can anyone give me any insights on what I could try next? Maybe I've just forgotten a basic step...Or maybe there are some known issues with my setup, that I am unaware of...

Thanks in advance,

Enne

PS. additional images:

http://puu.sh/cQdkY/cc9b6795d5.png :: Basic 500 error page

http://puu.sh/cQdn2/f5bac853c9.png :: Event Log Error

Nov 14, 2014 10:38
Vote:

Rectification :: it's IIS 8.5 ( not 8.0 as mentioned in the title )

( I couldn't find any way to edit my first post, sorry for the bump )

Edited, Nov 14, 2014 11:20
Vote:

I'm quite sure that I could run EPiServer 7 site on IIS 8/8.5. Did you try to install EPiServer 7 site (via Deployment center) to see if it works?

/Q

Nov 14, 2014 11:58
Vote:

The website does show up in the EPiServer Deployment Center, but I can't perform any actions on the site.... ( so maybe there is an issue here? )

I have several other EPiServer sites ( like the Alloy Sample Site ), which do have all the actions enabled in the Deployment Centre ( and work as they are supposed to )

Nov 14, 2014 12:06
Vote:

Yes, it should be an indicator that there's a problem with your site. Deployment center in CMS 7 only recognize valid CMS 7.0 IIS site. Please check your IIS settings to make sure everything is correct.

/Q

Nov 14, 2014 14:59
Vote:

Kind of a late bump, but the issue in this was that the PC didn't have access to the shared network drive containing the VPP, the search index etc. The user Enne did have access, but the service that ran IIS didn't have access. After fixing this little mistake everything went perfect again.

Jan 20, 2015 8:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.