Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Local Environment Set up help

Vote:

We use EpiServer 7 and have had a vendor doing all development to this point.  I now need to take over and do some of it internally, and I have a TFS repository of the code, but have no idea how to set it up locally for version 7.  I can create a new website, etc from the instructions and VS extensions, but how to take the code I have from the vendor and get it to run locally, I am having some issues with.  

Is there any documentation anywhere or tips someone can give me?

Oct 13, 2014 21:13
Vote:

Sadly no documentation available. I think you should get some from your vendor but if you have not you can probably get it up and running. First you need to either map you iis to the path of you website or if the website is running on top of IIS Express you should be able to hit ctrl-f5 to start the website. If you open the project in VS you could go in to the properties view of your project and check if it is using IIS express or ordinary iis.

The database need to be restored somewere. My sugestions is to use SQL Express and restore the db. Create a new user for login to the db and a password. Map the user to your db.

In your config-files enter the new user and sql information if you have changed it of course. Besides that you should be up and running. If you get errors you probably need to fix them of course but hard to say without any more information.

Another thing you need to ad is the nuget-feed for EPiServer. You can find it at nuget.episerver.com.

Oct 14, 2014 7:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.