Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installation problems

Vote:

I'm looking to install Episerver 7 on Windows 8.  I've launched setup.exe as an administrator and selected to install just the CMS.  I then get to the screen "Installing 'EPiServerShared.msi'... where it gets stuck.  After 20 minutes or so, I get an "Installer is not responding" message.

Checking the log file the last point it gets to is: "Launching EPiServerShared.msi /i....", which is as expected, but there's no error messages.

Appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on getting past this point.

I should note I have EPiServer 6.1 already installed, but would like to have both as have projects targetting both versions.

Many thanks

Andy

Jan 09, 2014 16:42
Vote:

Do you execute directory from .zip file or extracted archive?

Jan 10, 2014 10:12
Vote:

From the extracted archive.

Jan 10, 2014 10:26
Vote:

Have you tried to "unblock" the downloaded .zip file before extracting it?

I have seen some issues where the extrated files are blocked after extracting. The issue will then be that even if the setup.exe is executing as an administrator other files like EPiServerShared.msi will be blocked and hence they might not execute properly.

Jan 10, 2014 14:30
Vote:

Maybe that was it - thanks.  I've actually since discovered I can just copy the files from another developers c:\program files... folder and that's all I needed to get the system up and running for local development.  So I'll stick with that for now.

Jan 10, 2014 14:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.