Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

episerver mvc - restrict block access page cant be accessed - biggest issue

Vote:

Hi everybody ,  ( I feel it is biggest issue in episerver mvc template why it was not taken care and why no body even respond to this question)

did any one of u face the below issue with alloy mvc site or any custom Episerver cms site developed based on mvc template ? 
if u restrict a block on a page then the page it self is not visible. for example i restricted "news list" block on alloy-track page by deleting everyone group from it. but note that "Alloy-track page is having access to everybody. so expected functionality is user should see "Alloy-track" page but news list block should not visible. (this is default behaviour in Alloy - webforms ). 
But actual behaviour is it is redirecting to login page !!! 
note : I am facing same problem in my custom Episerver mvc site. can any body help me how to resolve this issue. thanks in advance

Sep 26, 2013 18:37
Vote:

Hi!

Did step in to the exact same issue today. Have tried everything but seams impossible to do any kind of access check to the BlockDatas inside a content area. Seams like the ACL is hidden behind great walls. 

BR

Henke

Sep 27, 2013 16:34
Vote:

Hi Henrik ,

Thank you so much for your reply . I am glad that finally i got a reply for my continuous posts on the same problem. could you please give me your opinion/advice on how to deal with it. Because this issue is a show stopper in our site implementation.

by,

Nani

Sep 27, 2013 21:36
Vote:

@nani I agree with your post in the "feature requests" forum that it's probably time for a dedicated MVC forum. 

Still please understand the forums are mostly community driven and probably not monitored 24/7 by EPiServer employees. Duplicate posts will likely be ignored as spam. In case of a critical bug like you found, file a bug report or try live support chat (or tweet @episerver directly, they're usually quite responsive).

Hope your problem is fixed soon!

Sep 30, 2013 0:01
Vote:

The issue is now registered as a bug.

Bug #106294: Restricting access for a block, restricts access for a page What happens now is that the issue will be triaged. After that it will be made public, and you can follow it on http://world.episerver.com/Support/Bug-list-beta/.

Best regards,

EPiServer Developer Support

Ahsan

Sep 30, 2013 9:22
Vote:

thank you so much for your replies @Arild Henrichsen and @Henrik Persson. will be waiting for its fix.

Sep 30, 2013 17:24
Vote:

A fix for this problem has just been checked in, and will be available in next patch. If this is urgent, and need to be fixed before next patch, please contact the support again.

Oct 01, 2013 11:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.