Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

User Administration: Cannot delete user with @ in username!

Vote:

Hey Guys,

So I found a potential bug, when deleting a user via epi interface (SQL membership user).  Say we create a new user with the username "test@testing.com" (without the quotes oviously).  and then we try to delete this user, the confirmation pops up with the selection of areas to also delete for this user, but the username on the confirmation is quoted as "test%40testing.com" and then when you confirm the delete, it tells that it failed to delete the user.  I'm guessing because it's trying to delete test%40testing.com and not test@testing.com (test%40testing.com does not exist obviously as a user). 

Thoughts? Is this a documented bug?

Sep 18, 2013 23:19
Vote:

Hi

Yes, this is a known issue. We have it reported in our bug system as:

#91051: Cannot delete user with @ in the user name

Regards

Per Gunsarfs

Sep 19, 2013 9:17
Vote:

Hi,

I can add to this that trying to delete a user with a space in the user name also fails. For example the user "Per Jungnelius" produces the following error: "Failed to delete user Per+Jungnelius."

Oct 04, 2013 15:05
Vote:

From reading the bug report we encoded the name twice which made names containing characters that are encoded to not work. This bug has been fixed to the 7.5 release.

Oct 09, 2013 13:59
Vote:

Quickfix until the bug has been fixed:

1. In the popup for delete user or group, copy the url (.../Admin/EditUser.aspx?membershipUsername=test%2540test.com&epUrl=SearchUsers.aspx&Provider=SqlServerMembershipProvider) and paste in into a new browser window or tab.
  2. Change the "%2540" to "@" in the url and press enter.
  3. Now you can press "Delete" and voila - the user will be deleted.
Mar 05, 2014 16:46
Vote:

Although it displays "Page can not be loaded", the user is gone !  great!  @Teresa  Thanks for the workaround.

Jul 01, 2014 11:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.