Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Url Property style input in plugin

Vote:

Hi All

I am extending the available properties for a user within my site based on the Tore's comments on a forum post here:

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=15894

Its working great but I want to allow the users to upload an avatar of themselves, I could just have a simple text field and add the path to the image through that but its not very user friendly. I was wondering if there is anyway to have an input just like the Url Property you can add to a page type, preferably with the UIHint(UIHint.Image) set on it as well. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks
Dave

Sep 24, 2013 13:20
Vote:

Hi Dave,

Did you managed to solve this one?

//Jonny

Sep 23, 2014 14:06
Vote:

The built in URL picker is only supported for the user interface and not for public web sites or intranets so you will have to add another file upload mechanism. If I misunderstood you and you want to add a custom UI extension where a user should be able to get a URL picker, there is currently no good support for this but it's something that we have in our backlog.

Sep 23, 2014 15:20
Vote:

Well I was looking for something like episerver:inputpagereference but for contentreference instead. Can you point me in the right direction to build an own picker for this since you just now dont have any support for this?

Sep 23, 2014 15:36
Vote:

I took a look on the code used to create the page picker a few weeks ago to see if it would be simple to copy paste this code and just tweak it to work with any content. Unfortunately, it's very complex with a lot of components and logic that's not needed if you just want to be able to pick a single item. So if I had to do this, I would probably go for something more like a seach box with auto-suggestion support instead of a tree to create a good user experience instead of trying to get an entire tree-popup history working.

Sep 26, 2014 8:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.