Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change uiurl

Vote:

After creating a new EPiServer project in Visual Studio, what needs to be changed in order to change the uiUrl from the default "~/episerver" to something else and having it work?

Sep 18, 2013 11:48
Vote:

Hello Johan,

You can find this information here (Step 1.1-1.4)

Sep 18, 2013 14:12
Vote:

Thanks Sergii but I've already followed that and it doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong (likely the latter). Things started breaking.

So I was hoping someone could tell it in a better way which parts of the .config files should be changed and how?

Sep 18, 2013 14:19
Vote:

Yes, you right. The document is a bit obsolete and it is not enough to follow the steps described in it. Here is the updated list of steps:

In episerver.config:

• find siteSettings node and change uiUrl attribute (note that if default value is ~/episerver/CMS, the new value should be ~/newUiUrl/CMS)

In EPiServerFramework.config find virtualPathProvider node and change virtualPath attribute of:

• provider with name “ProtectedAddons”
  • provider with name “UI” (note that virtual path of UI virtual path provider should also look like ~/newUiUrl/CMS)

In web.config:

• find location node that has path attribute “episerver” and  change it to “newUiUrl”
  • find location node that has path attribute “episerver/CMS/admin” and change it to  “newUiUrl/CMS/admin”
  • find episerver.shell/protectedModules node and replace rootPath attribute with new value ~/newUiUrl/
  • find episerver.packaging node and replace protectedVirtualPath attribute with new value ~/newUiUrl/
Sep 18, 2013 15:03
Vote:

Thank you Sergii, that worked splendidly!

Sep 19, 2013 9:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.