Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Account Login Page

Vote:

I'm trying to come up with a way to allow a user to login to my site. These users will in no way shape or form be CMS users. They are pulling information specific to their account. In a vanilla MVC app, the route to /account/login would result in the login page displaying. This would be done with a single controller capable of displaying views based on the requested action. I'm trying to do something similar in EPi7 where I have a controller called AccountController and a page type called "Account". So far I haven't been successful. I can't get EPi7 to use any other action besides the index. I could create a bunch of single action controllers, but that's counter to any good practice that I've seen.

[Authorize]
        public ActionResult Index(Account currentPage)
        {
            /* Implementation of action. You can create your own view model class that you pass to the view or
             * you can pass the page type for simpler templates */

return View(currentPage);
        }

//
        // GET: /Account/Login

[AllowAnonymous]
        public ActionResult Login(string returnUrl)
        {
            ViewBag.ReturnUrl = returnUrl;
            return View();
        }

Sep 25, 2013 18:29
Vote:

Hi Corbin, I am trying to do the same as above. Were you able to figure it out.

Thanks
Pankaj

Mar 11, 2015 8:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.