Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Introduce in XForms

Vote:

Hi,

I found a nice tutorial (because I need to implement similar task - add feedback and contact us information on my site)

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Eric-Pettersson/Dates/2013/3/Use-Xform-to-store-data-when-you-have-a-form-with-a-fixed-design/ 

But I never worked with XForms. I create simple page type and add XFrom property. But what to do next not quite understand.

1. Create an empty form and set the property to use that form   - Where? and How I can and how should I take these two entities? 

Maybe If anyone has a link to the source code would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 03, 2013 23:52
Vote:

When you will open that page type instance (page in CMS) in Forms view there will be a porperty of type XForm. When you will click "..." button a XForm seelctor window will open and there you will be able to create new empty XForm. Unfortunately there is no general XForm browser / editor. It's available via page property editor.

Aug 05, 2013 12:58
Vote:

Sorry for beeing unclear in my blogpost, but you have to do exactly what vladis said. when you have created your property on a page you logon to editmode and edit the property on that page. When you do that you will get the xformseditor, here you create an empty form and select that empty for for usage. when that is done it is up to you doing the magic with code :) 

Happy coding.

Aug 05, 2013 16:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.