Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to postback in IFrameComponent

Vote:

Im upgrading from CMS 6 to 7 and therefor im converting an episerver edit plugin to an IframeComponent. I've been having some troubles with this already (see http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=71327&epslanguage=en) but now I've ran into even more and more annoying trouble. For some reason I'm unable to do any postbacks in my plugin. I even tried  stripping it from all other code and just place a button in it but when i click the button it redirects me to the page the component i placed in without its friendly URL.

Here is how the component looks before the postback:

And this is how it looks like when i press the button:

So it seems like it's two problems in one.

1. It redirects to the non-friendly url instead of firing the postback

2. The non-friendly url doesn't work for some reason.

Any help is greatly apreachiated

Jul 08, 2013 16:28
Vote:

I was able to solve that it was throwing 404. Turned out that the fallback language was set to english instead of swedish.

The main problem still remains though. I get redirected to the target page from where im using the IframeComponent and also it redirects to the english version instead of the swedish.

Jul 09, 2013 15:58
Vote:

The only error i get before i press the button is this in firebug:

Error: Container is not defined (DojoDashboardCompatibility.js row 1)
...this.uiDialog.is(":data(resizable)");(g&&!f&&d.resizable("destroy"));(g&&typeof ...
Jul 09, 2013 16:00
Vote:

Tried this on AlloyTech templates aswell and same thing happens there (except for the javascript error).

So im guessing we're not allowed to do postbacks in IframeComponents? How are we then suppose handle old edit plugins in cms 7?

Jul 10, 2013 11:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.