Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Properties appearing in the wrong tabs

Vote:

Hi all

Ive got a bit of an odd problem that I cannot get my head round. My site is based off of the AlloyTech MVC project, all of my page types inherit from SitePageData which includes the base properties for all of my page types. Some of these properties such as the MetaDescription and MetaKeywords are placed in the MetaData Tab with the following:

[Display(
            GroupName = Global.GroupNames.MetaData,
            Order = 300)]
        [CultureSpecific]
        [UIHint(UIHint.Textarea)]
        public virtual string MetaDescription { get; set; }

However on a couple of my page types, for some reason these appear in the Content tab instead of the MetaData tab. The only thing that is slightly different with these page types is that it extends another page type which itself extends from SitePageData, rather than directly extending it.

Has anyone else seen any problems like this?

Many Thanks
Dave

Jul 23, 2013 18:27
Vote:

Have you tested to reset the properties? If you add a property to a tab it might and change this after some development they still might be on the old tab. Try to go to admin mode and your specific pagetype, select the property and click reset and check if that is working.

Jul 23, 2013 22:50
Vote:

I executed a query to reset all my properties so that they would show up in their correct tabs. Thread here.

Jul 24, 2013 9:00
Vote:

Hi All

Thank you very much for your help!! Resetting the individual properties for the page type within the admin area worked perfectly.

Many thanks

Kind Regards
Dave

Jul 24, 2013 10:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.