Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page tree not updating when moving pages

Vote:

I have often used events attached to the Published event to help my editors get their news articles organized in a neat tree structure of years and months. They have only needed to select the news archive, click "New page" and enter data (since news article has been the only available page type, they haven't had to choose a page type), and upon publishing, i have programmatically created new sub archives and moved the page down to its proper place. In the same way, articles that have had their publish start date changed have been moved to another, archive representing their start date.

Doing this in EPiServer 7 reveals two problems. First - even if there is only one available page type, the user still has to select it. This is quite annoying. And second - when moving pages programmatically on the Published event, the page tree fails to update itself. Is it possible to trigger such an update from code somehow, or should it actually get updated automatically but fails?

Jun 12, 2013 22:53
Vote:

I also have the second problem. Trying to find a solution to manually trigger an edit tree refresh, but it doesn't work.

Aug 22, 2013 12:54
Vote:

I am also facing same problem. I am creating container through code but EditTree not getting updated. I have to refresh page manually. Any solution? Thanks in advance!

Sep 12, 2013 8:26
Vote:

Hi, have you found a solution for this yet?

Sep 24, 2013 16:00
Vote:

@Mattias Olson

No, I haven't. EPiServer is aware of the problem and is presumably working on it. No ETA on a fix though.

Sep 26, 2013 8:10
Vote:

Hi!

I'm pretty sure that the issue with not skipping the selection step is a known bug and it should be fixed for the next release.

For the second issue, it's a bit more tricky. Basically, the client calls a REST service to add new content, for instance a page, with a given parent. The servers responsability is to either return an accept or failure result. This is a bit similar to the issue when second user updates contents that is cached for the first user. Our idea to solve this is to implement a server to client push based communication system to be able to notify the client about changes to content so the client can refresh any cached content.

So far, we have not had the time to implement this functionality, which has some negative effects on the current implementation. For instance, we do a lot of cache invalidation in the client when loading content just in case it has been updated on the server which results in quite a few requests per loaded page. We hope to be able to implement this after the 7.5 release and to also be able to upgrade to .NET 4.5 to be able to use the socket support on the server.

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Sep 26, 2013 8:34
Vote:

Not fixed, or reference to fix would be nice. Countless references to old content with no forward links makes solution finding very difficult.

Jul 03, 2017 22:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.