Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page that has no renderer with just data cannot be used in certain properties

Vote:

Currently if there is no controller associated for a pagetype, pages created from that pagetype cannot be used in properties LinkItemCollection and ContentReference. Is there a way we can modify those pagetypes so that they can be used in those properties?

Jun 14, 2013 5:23
Vote:

This is kinda annoying.

One way to get around this is of course to do a controller for them and just show it in edit mode. If user tries to access it, you can throw a 404 or just redirect to the parent page.

Jun 15, 2013 11:53
Vote:

Sadly you can't apply the wish to automatically display forms edit on these pages since it will accually have a renderer.

only pages without template will trigger the form edit automatically.

Jun 15, 2013 23:16
Vote:

Thanks guys, you understood it right.

I will be bit more clear here. I do not want to have controller and view for this pagetype because these pages doesn't need to be available on the wesite but just hold data in edit mode and these should take editors directly forms edit mode.

Because this pagetype doesn't have a template associated, those pages cannot be added to a LinkItemCollection or a ContentReference property. But I want to have this ability for those pages somehow.

I wonder if there is a way to achieve this by implementing a special interface or something on this pagetype.

Jun 16, 2013 23:38
Vote:

Maybe you can listen to the LoadingPage event and set the page's HasTemplate property to true, but that might stop loading the forms edit view as well.

I think my first approach is the best, that also gives the user the best experience. EPiServers default error page for pages without a template is quite bad.

Jun 17, 2013 0:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.