Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import/Export Property data for translating

Vote:

I have created a scheduled plug-in, where the idea is to import/export the property’s data for translating. (Plus some pages to admin what content to import/export.. etc)

Just to make sure that I was able to import the content I will try to changes all the property’s of a pages.

For that I got into some problem. Where a property is a ContentArea, I cannot find a way to changes that.

I have tried eg. ToString and ParseToSelf. 

No matter what I do, it will not work. I just get the following error "It's not allowed to add fragments other than content fragments to an content area."

Does anyone have an idea on what I am doing wrong? e.g. having a code sample where it works?

Tanks

Jun 03, 2013 12:33
Vote:

Hi,

Did you actually managed to solve this issue ? I would be gratefull for any tips in this matter. We are planning on creating simillar plugin/scheduled job.

Thanks,

Kris

Jun 30, 2013 15:32
Vote:

Hi

TranslateX from EPiServer is probably what you are looking for, allows you to export and import the content afterwards (not sure if there is a working version for EPiServer 7, but there is one for EPiServer CMS 6 that should be easy to upgrade).

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Jun 30, 2013 19:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.