Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Automatically select page type

Vote:

In previous versions of EPiServer CMS a page type would automatically be selected when creating a new page, if it was the only page type allowed under a specific page. Ex: When creating a new news item page under the News node the news item page type would automatically be selected.

I'm really new to CMS 7, and can't find out how to do the same in CMS 7. When creating a new page I still get the "Suggested Page Types" and "Other Page Types" containing the same single page type.

Jun 10, 2013 14:08
Vote:

It should still works the same in EPiServer 7 (at least, I've seen it work the same). You could probably verify only one page type is allowed for your particular page type you are working with by checking the "Available Page Types" tab in the settings of the page type in Admin Mode.

Jun 10, 2013 16:58
Vote:

I've tried this as well when I saw this question.

Even if I set Available Page Types to only one Page Type manually or from code, I still see the option to select this only Page Type. I even get the option twice.

Once from the group "Suggested Page Types", and once from "Other Page Types" or whatever Group Name you have on that one Page Type.

I'm trying on Patch 3 and EPiServer UI 2.0.

Jun 10, 2013 21:02
Vote:

EPiServer UI 2.0? Is that really 7.1?

Jun 11, 2013 1:17
Vote:

I'm quoting add-on center: EPiServer Edit UI 2.0.79 and EPiServer UI Platform 2.0.86.

Yes it is also branded as EPiServer 7.1, I'm never getting the hang on EPiServer hotfix/patch/release/versions and which files are to be updated nowadays since recent updateds of CMS 6.

Jun 11, 2013 1:28
Vote:

This issue have been reported as a bug (#100588) by EPiServer. Hopefully solved soon.

Jun 27, 2013 13:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.