Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"The full-text component is not installed with the current instance of SQL server"

Vote:

Hi there,

I want to install the EPiServer Commerce 1 R3 by following the instruction http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/EPiServer-Commerce/Installation-Instructions---EPiServer-Commerce-1-R3/ .

Now I am up to step 12: Select an EPiServer Commerce databasenote that this must have full text search.

And during the installation, the EPiServer Commerce Installation Winzard warns that "The full-text component is not installed with the current instance of SQL server" 

I googled this but still confused about how to solve this. 

Any step-by-step advise? 

Thanks!

May 01, 2013 4:55
Vote:

Enable full-text search in your existing SQL Server instance by running the install tool, select "Add features to an existing instance" (or similar, the exact text may vary depending on your version) and select the checkbox for "Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search".

Nov 12, 2013 16:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.