Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is it possible to have multiple editable properties for one property in "On-Page editing mode"

Vote:

Hi!

Just wondering if it is possible to have more than one property connected to one property in the "on page editing mode"?

Eg. 

If I'm editing a page in the "on page editing mode", and selects for example an image property. An overlay dialog pops up and displays the image url's corresponding property control. Is it possible to also add other related properties to this view (overlay), like a textbox for alt texts or image texts etc. ?

May 07, 2013 10:21
Vote:

For clarification: I'm not interested in answers using custom properties with composite controls here which I think could be used to solve this. 

May 07, 2013 13:54
Vote:

Using a property of a block type on your model is the preferred way to acomplish this. Then you can add whatever properties that should be "grouped" to the block type.

May 07, 2013 14:48
Vote:

Ah, I did not realize one could add block types directly as "page type property types".

I tried it out using:

public class ImageBlock : EPiServer.Core.BlockData
    {
        [UIHint(UIHint.Image)]
        [Display(GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
        public virtual Url ImageUrl { get; set; }

[Display(GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
        [CultureSpecific]
        public virtual string AlternateText { get; set; }
    }

And it works like a charm! :) Thanks!

Edit: In the page type class I used by block type like 

[Display(
            GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
            Order = 360)]
        public virtual ImageBlock ImageBlock { get; set; }

Edited, May 07, 2013 15:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.