Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Html.EditAttributes triggers autosave

Vote:

I've got a block called QuickFacts, it's not used as a regular block but instead used as a composite property (AvailableInEditMode=false) on a page. The block has two strings, a few ints and a DateTime as properties.

In my view I display it using a paragraph and Html.EditAttributes so it's easy for the publisher to update the information.

<p @Html.EditAttributes(m => m.CurrentPage.QuickFacts)>
                    @if (Html.HasValue(Model.CurrentPage.QuickFacts.ConstructionStart))
                    {
                        @Html.TranslateSafe("/views/pdprojectpage/quickfacts/constructionstart")<text>:</text>
                        @Html.PropertyFor(m => m.CurrentPage.QuickFacts.ConstructionStart)<br />
                    }
.... </p>

But for some reason as soon as I'm in edit mode and click the area to edit my properties, EPiServer thinks I changed some value and auto saves the page and says there is "Changes to be published". I'm sure no values has been changed.

Anyone know why EPiServer thinks that I changed the page?

May 16, 2013 10:30
Vote:

Is it 7.0 or 7.1? As far as I remember, there was a problem with DateTimePicker widget which triggers change event on initializing. I believe that it was fixed on 7.1.

May 20, 2013 22:13
Vote:

It's 7.1. So I guess it's not fixed.

Do you remember if you've seen any information about this, Duong?

May 29, 2013 10:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.