Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit panel plugin using MVC

Vote:

I am trying to build a EditPanel plugin for CMS7 build with MVC. I'm using this example http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Paul-Smith/Dates1/2011/8/Creating-EPiServer-AdminEdit-Plug-ins-using-MVC/ as a beginning for the plugin.

My first question, where will the EditPanel be placed in the new edit interface?

My second question is, is it possible to build a EditPanel plugin at all? Instead of the new inteface I try to use the "old style" interface (/episerver/cms/edit) If I sets the GuiPluginArea to AdminMenu in my controller it works fine but is I set it as EditPanel I got the error "Only UserControls are supported on a tabstrip". Is there anyone that have any idea how to solve this or have a nice code example to help me?

// Andreas

May 13, 2013 11:57
Vote:

Hi, Andreas, we have used an IFrameComponent to create a plugin in edit mode.

It appears where the blocks tree is placed. I can't test it on MVC now, but perhaps this will help you:

[IFrameComponent(Url = "modules/xx/yy.aspx",
        ReloadOnContextChange = true,
        PlugInAreas = "/episerver/cms/assets",
        Categories = "cms",
        MinHeight = 400,
        MaxHeight = 650,
        SortOrder = 201,
        Title = "Title",
        Description = "Description",
        IsAvailableForUserSelection = true
        )]
    public partial class UrlTab : SystemPageBase

Perhaps you can decorate the controller with this class instead.

May 14, 2013 16:29
Vote:

Thanks, it works without any changes.

// Andreas

May 15, 2013 14:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.