Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom content area display template won't work

Ted
Ted
Vote:

Hi!

I've added a new display template for content area properties, much like in the ASP.NET MVC Alloy templates.

The display template is located at /Views/Shared/DisplayTemplates/ContentArea.cshtml and contains the following code:

@model EPiServer.Core.ContentArea

@if(Model != null)
{
    // Custom rendering done here
    Html.RenderBalancedContentArea(Model);
}

However, content areas are still being rendered by the default display template that ships with EPiServer... :(

I'm going out of my mind a little bit over here, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

May 29, 2013 19:53
Vote:

do you have other custom display templates that are working? Image for example

May 30, 2013 10:57
Ted
Vote:

We have one for Image, but that one's essentially for the Url type and the "Image" UI hint, so that's a bit different.

Since we're coming up on site launch we opted to add a UI hint to all content areas and renamed our display template accordingly. Now everything works as expected.

This should probably be registered as a bug?

Thanks for your help!

May 31, 2013 15:24
Vote:

I'm guessing you need to change the default priority of mvc views. By default, ascx/aspx views are prior to cshtml views in the mvc views list. Take a look at the CustomizedRenderingInitialization class in the alloy mvc templates.

May 31, 2013 16:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.