Has anyone experienced the case where a block suddenly vanishes from a page? We have seen it a few times but can't seem to find what is causing it. The pages where the block was added to have not been modified but the block needs to be readded to the page and then it works again.
I have seen it a few times too, and don't know what causes it either.
that is great news :) It is happening a lot right now.
Do you have an environment where multiple developers use the same EPiServer SQL database?
We did initially but not anymore. However, the test server is a clean install with no content (everything has been built up from scratch). There is only one IIS instance of the site.
Ok, we do have such an environment (multiple developers, same database) so i hoped that could have been it, but i guess it isn't. Also, we only have seen this issue a few times (less then 10 times), so i can't be 100% sure we have exactly the same problem.
I hope you can find a solution for this!
There is a known bug that was fixed in Patch 1 for EPiServer 7:
Thanks Per Bjurnstrom, it just happened again and indeed after changing the block-code.
hmm could be that. But it happened in our test server. it happened latest time quite right after we updated to the latest version. First time i dont believe we changed any code but I can check it out, we just updated to 7.2.
Thanks Per, I was going to check the buglist, honest ;)