Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language enabled, but not available? (can't click Translate button)

Vote:

I enabled denmark under admin mode -> config -> manage website languages, but it doesnt turn up under the Sites tab in edit mode. If i show Show All Langagues i'll see it. If i then switch to denmark tjhe page Tree is empty. I choose to show contant that is not danish, and i'll see the global en tree. I select settings page and episerver tells me that the content is english, and asks if i'd like to translate it to danish. But i can't click the translate button.

What am i missing?
Apr 17, 2013 12:37
Vote:

Solved. Needed to enable it on Root.

Apr 17, 2013 12:42
Vote:

Maybe it's a stupid question now but how did you do it? I am having the same problem and can't see how to enable the language on root.

Thanks.

Edited, May 01, 2014 13:48
Vote:

1. You must be logged in as Administrator.
  2. In Edit-mode click Root page.
  3. Choose Tools -> Language Settings.
  4. Under Available Languages, click Change.
  5. Choose languages that should be available for the editors and click Save.
  6. Done

Double check under Startpage that Language Settings under Tools inherits from root, else you have to do the same as for Root here.)

Edited, May 02, 2014 9:58
Vote:

Great. Works perfectly! Thanks.

May 02, 2014 10:00
Vote:

Thank you!

Aug 25, 2016 23:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.