Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom renderer for ContenentReference will not work

Vote:

I would like to use a custom render for a Content Reference Property (PageLink). Here is an example of the custom renderer:

[TemplateDescriptor(TagString = "MyCustomRenderer")]
public class PropertyPageReferenceCustomControl : PropertyPageReferenceControl, IRenderTemplate<ContentReference>
{
	public override void CreateDefaultControls()
	{
		base.CreateDefaultControls();

// I need todo some stuff here but this template is never rendered.

}
}

And how I am calling it from a control

<EPiServer:Property ID="Property1" PropertyName="PageLink" runat="server">
    <RenderSettings Tag="MyCustomRenderer" />
</EPiServer:Property>

I want to be able to manipulate the way the PageLink is rendered but with the above, my custom renderer is simple not used.

I have other custom renders working in the same project but for different types. i.e

[TemplateDescriptor(TagString = "UrlWithTitle")]
public class PropertyUrlWithTitleControl : PropertyUrlControl, IRenderTemplate<Url>

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong with the PropertyPageReferenceControl custom renderer?

Apr 11, 2013 17:55
Vote:

Your render template is set to ContentReference and your class is inheriting from PropertyPageReferenceControl - is it possible that you need to use PropertyContentReferenceControl? (I don't use web forms, only MVC)  I'm not sure if the PropertyPageReferenceControl works with ContentReference.  I could be wrong though, check it out.  Notice how your Url template descriptor is rendering for a Url and a PropertyUrlControl.

Apr 11, 2013 21:19
Vote:

Hi Mike

Initially, those where also my thoughts but no PropertyContentReferenceControl exists. Also, PageReference inherits ContentReference of which I have tried both in IRenderTemplate<T> without success.

Adam

Apr 12, 2013 9:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.