Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Continuous integration

Vote:

Hello,

I am new in the EPiServer world and we need to create our continuous integration server.
I currently use bamboo to do that and everything is fine about the file deployement but I would like to deploy the content via the some EPiServer packages.
How can I deploy those packages via a powershell script or anything? If not possible via powershell how can I do that in code (I will call this code in powershell after)

Regards,

Benjamin V.

Apr 16, 2013 10:50
Vote:

Nobody have some continuous integration with episerver????

May 10, 2013 9:01
Vote:

There is a cmdLet Add-EPiServerData (that resides in EPiServerInstall.CMS assembly) that imports episerver packages (.episerverdata files) to a site. 

May 10, 2013 10:21
Vote:

How do you register those snapin?

I have execute this successfully:

c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319> .\InstallUtil.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Install\EPi\EPiServerInstall.Common.1.dll"

But after that I doesn't find how to register it I have try:

• Add-PSSnapin EPiServer.Install.Common.1
  • Add-PSSnapin EPiServer.Install.CMS.7.0.586.1

Without success. I have found that the dll EPiServerInstall.CMS.dll is here on my computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Install\Tools

REgards,

May 10, 2013 15:06
Vote:

If you have installed EPiServerShared.msi and EPiServerCMS.msi (will be installed if you run Setup.exe bootstrap that comes with download) then the snapins should be available.

If the installation of the snapins have been succesful you should see the snapins in registry under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellSnapIns

May 10, 2013 15:27
Vote:

Correct I see it but if I type 

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Install\Tools> get-help *epi*

I only see 3 commands and I don't see the Add-EPiServerData. Is it normal???

Name Category Synopsis
---- -------- --------
Write-Progress Cmdlet Displays a progress bar within a Windows PowerShell command window.
about_jobs HelpFile Provides information about how Windows PowerShell background jobs run a
about_preference_variables HelpFile Variables that customize the behavior of Windows PowerShell

May 10, 2013 16:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.