Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changing a property type value on a content type

Vote:

Hello,

I am running into an issue where I am trying to update a property definition on my PageData class to a new type (basically changing an int definition to a string) - the admin UI is still saying the property is an int - but i'm able to manually go in and change it to (Long String > 255) - is there any automated way to do this?  I understand that the property definition is not updated by the sync on episerver start up because there is data, but what if i do not care about blowing out the old data and just updating the definition?

Thanks!

Mike

Apr 10, 2013 22:39
Vote:

Have you found the MigrationStep class? Hope this answers your question : http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/7/Content/Pages-and-Blocks/Refactoring-Content-Type-Classes/

Apr 30, 2013 6:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.