Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change episerver find account

Vote:

Hi.
I have project with episerver find, it works great but when I changed account on production and change config for it (in web config replace service url), activated scheduler job, changed all pages and deploy it, but EpsierverFind has not earned..
so why?
I use private url in config.
Thanks in advance.

Apr 21, 2013 11:39
Vote:

Hi Andrey,

What do you mean by "EpsierverFind has not earned"?

Apr 22, 2013 8:16
Vote:

Have you also changed the defaultIndex name? 

Apr 22, 2013 9:12
Vote:

Marcus Granstrom yes I changed them.
"EpsierverFind has not earned" it means that it doesnt work. I changed only web config and why it doesnt work I dont know..

Edited, Apr 22, 2013 10:20
Vote:

I copied my history EpiserverFind in indexing job

Indexing job [mysite] [Page]: Reindexing completed.
ExecutionTime: 0minutes 1seconds
Number of pages indexed: 68
Number of page errors: 0
Number of batch errors: 1
An exception occured while indexing (Batch): Self referencing loop detected for property 'StartPage' with type 'Castle.Proxies.StartPageProxy'. Path 'StartPage'. The loop was detected in the member StartPage in type Castle.Proxies.StartPageProxy. To correct this you can exclude one of the properties (or otherwise mapped fields) that are causing the loop by modifying the Client class' conventions. You may also modify the serializer to ignore self references. If you require the fields causing the loop to be serialized you may annotate the one of the classes in the loop with [JsonObject(IsReference = true)] or modify the JsonContract for one of the types to use IsReference = true which also can be done by modifying the Client class' conventions.. (see log for more information) 
Indexing job [mysite] [File]: Reindexing completed.
ExecutionTime: 0minutes 0seconds
Number of files indexed: 0

EPiServer.Find.Cms.FileIndexer+ReIndexResult

Edited, Apr 22, 2013 10:28
Vote:

Looks like you have a property on the start page that causes a self referencing loop. Do you have anything in the start page page typ class that does anything else than simply returning a property value?

Apr 22, 2013 10:35
Vote:

Yes, All pages inherited from default page which have.

public StartPage StartPage
        {
            get { return DataFactory.Instance.GetPage(PageReference.StartPage) as StartPage; }
        }

Apr 22, 2013 14:27
Vote:

Find pretty much serializes the entire object graph when indexing an object meaning that that property will cause a circular reference for all pages that have it.

You can exclude it from indexing by adding a [JsonIgnore] attribute to it or by customizing the client's conventions in an initialization moduel. See the docs for more info.

Alternatively you can convert the property to a method which will also bring the benefit of communicating to other devs that this property may do more behind the scenes than simply return a value.

Apr 22, 2013 15:42
Vote:

Joel Abrahamsson thanks. 

Apr 22, 2013 15:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.