Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add external content to EPiServer FTS

Vote:

Hi,

In my current project I have a XML file with products I want to make searchable from EPiServer FTS. Is this possible? If it is possible, what is best practice for doing this? I do not want to index the XML file, I want to extract the products from the XML file and add each product to the index.

Tore

Apr 25, 2013 14:55
Vote:

Sounds like Find would save both development time and headaches for your requirements ;)

Apr 25, 2013 19:33
Vote:

Hi Joel,

I know! I tried to get the customer to go for Find, but they have a policy that all data should be stored in house. Then Find became a little bit to expensive for them.

Do you know how to achieve this with FTS?

Apr 26, 2013 8:26
Vote:

Sorry, I don't :(

I think Ted Nyberg wrote about adding custom fields to FTS and combined with looking into how the indexing works for CMS or Relate content it should be doable but I haven't tried anything like that myself.

Apr 26, 2013 8:55
Vote:

Good tip! I`ll look in to it. Thanks Joel!

Apr 26, 2013 9:11
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.