Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

7.1 edit mode update, large amount of files in "modulesrepository"

Vote:

Hello, is there a reason for the several thousand files located in various subfolders of the "modulesrepository" vpp folder that is added after a upgrade to 7.1? There were only a few .nupkg files there prior to the update, and I would assume that it is only the "modules" vpp folder that is actually used by the editmode itself.

Is this some sort of backup for the upgrade that I can safely delete after making said upgrade, or do they fill any deeper meaning?

I ask because we perfer to have a fully working site in source control, and while you only have to add/get those files once, we rather not have them there at all if they are only used as some sort of backup system for the update.

Apr 10, 2013 15:41
Vote:

This is standard nuget behaviour that we haven't touched. We can see the issue and will look into it if it is possible to alter in upcoming releases.

-Marcus

Apr 10, 2013 18:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.