Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

String List/PropertyStringList

Vote:

I keep having problems to use the property String List/PropertyStringList in the alloy project.

I've installed Alloy two times and I get an error message each time I edit the custom property type String List/Propertytype.

Is there some kind of configuration to use this property before viewing the settings for this property? I haven't used this property before, so I could use some information in how to use this property.

I'm doing a tutorial using Alloy and have a pagetype where this property is required to have value, but when I'm creating a new instance of the pagetype using this property, no fields is showing to enter value.

I do I make PropertyStringList work?

Error message is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   System.Object.GetType() +0
   EPiServer.UI.Admin.PageDefinitionTypeEdit.PopulateListing(PropertyDefinitionType pageDefinitionType) +429
   EPiServer.UI.Admin.PageDefinitionTypeEdit.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +1066
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18034

Mar 26, 2013 0:01
Vote:

Well, I managed to resolve my problem here.

The answer here is ambiguous. First of all I'm new to Episerver CMS 7 so I'm not so familiar with all the new stuff.

But the reason why I didn't manage to create a new Product page was because of the property uniqueSellingpoints which was required for the page to be created. 
I started on a empty project where I added code when I needed it in my project. So I was missing the directory called Business and ClientResouces in the Alloy project. That's why I wasn't able to se the control to initialize the required fields. Uniquesellingpoints control was missing because of ClientResources wasn't added to the project.

UniqueSellingPoints is based on the property called String List which doesn't have a Legacy rendering this causes a bug when you try to view the settings for this property in admin mode. It also causes a bug if you try to create a page with String List in the old edit mode.

All new pages should use the new onPage-editing function. Here Uniquesellingpoints is showing without bugs.

Mar 27, 2013 1:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.