Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Integrating .NET Framework 4.5 library

Vote:

I'm analyzing a future integration into a EPiServer web site that is currently running on 3.5, 6 R1 and Relate+ 2.0. The other system will have libraries that are built targeting 4.5. There are som big advantages integrating by referencing the libraries directly into the web site project.

I haven't done any testing but I know .NET 4.5 is an "in-place upgrade" of .NET 4.0 and getting a 4.5 targeted library to run in a 4.0 web site could most likely be worked out. But having everything in the solution target 4.5 is most likely better and safer.

I know that the official requirement regarding .NET Framework is 4.0 for EPi 7. But is this so just because it couldn't be tested fully (time factors) or is there something blocking it more directly from working/running?

Also, will the next wave of EPi product versions require 4.5?

Feb 27, 2013 14:12
Vote:

.NET Framework 4.5 should already be supported in EPiServer 7, it is the flavor of .NET 4 that Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 come with and these operating systems are supported.

I believe the system requirements should really say ".NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5" or something to that regard. (We are not making use of anything that is 4.5 specific but it has been tested with 4.5 as well as 4.0.)

Feb 27, 2013 17:13
Vote:

OK! Thanks!

Feb 27, 2013 17:19
Vote:

May 29, 2013 20:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.