Strange Block Problem

Corbin Camp
Member since: 2012
 

I've run into an issue regarding blocks that's really weird.  I've followed Anton K's tutorial but for some reason, I can't create a block inside the CMS.  I tried the Block Type specific method and my page will show the block, however I get a "There is no rendered for "MyBlockType"" message on the page screen. I can create a ContentArea for a block, but when I go to create one through the CMS, I don't even have the "New Block" option. If I try it through the Create Content button at the top, there are no block types even available to me. I have BlockTypes defined and have views (using Razor) in my Views/Shared/ folder as well as a BlockController/BlockModel/BlockView in it's own folder (View/MyBlock/MyBlock.cshtml)


Here are some screen shots:

New Block from button

New Block Content Area

#66204 Feb 22, 2013 23:05
  • Joshua Folkerts
    Member since: 2008
     

    Hey Corbin, Try checking the permissions on the Global library node in the tree.  It should be located under the root node.

    #66206 Feb 24, 2013 5:59
  • Corbin Camp
    Member since: 2012
     

    I'm logged in as an administrator.  I checked all the permissions and they are all set right. We didn't make any changes to the default settings.

    #66249 Feb 25, 2013 17:03
  • Linus Ekström
    Member since: 2002
     

    Hmm, it looks quite broken. Can you open the a JavaScript console and see if you get any errors?

    Do you have a root page configurared for your blocks (check the site settings page)?

    #66262 Feb 26, 2013 7:13
  • Corbin Camp
    Member since: 2012
     

    Looked as the JS console in Firebug and it's slammed full of errors from dojo.js

     

    "Error: Unable to load /Admin/cms/Stores/contenttype/?query=getsuggestedcontenttypes&requestedTypes=EPiServer.DataAbstraction.BlockType&dojo.preventCache=1361896847650 status:500
    http://www.mydomain.com/Admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/dtk/dojo/dojo.js
    Line 15"

     Edit:

    I don't know if it was a cache issue or what but I'm not getting the above error any more. Still no blocks available.

     

    #66309 Edited, Feb 26, 2013 17:43
  • Corbin Camp
    Member since: 2012
     

    I think I figured out the problem. My original set up was for multiple sites. We had a change of plans and decided to go with a singlular site. When I removed the sites we were not going to use, I DID NOT uncheck the "use site specific block folder" option. For some reason EPi7 freaks out when that option is set for a single site config. As soon as I turned it off, all of my blocks are available.

    #66310 Feb 26, 2013 18:26
  • Linus Ekström
    Member since: 2002
     

    Ok, I'll report a bug for that but I'm glad that you solved it.

    #66318 Feb 27, 2013 8:19
  •  
    #149234 May 26, 2016 16:10