Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Programmatically build block dissappears when added to content area

Vote:

I struggled for ages to find how to build blocks programmatically, but I finally 'got' it. Now when I come to do what I thought was the 'easy' bit I've hit a problem.

This is the gist of my code:

var savBlk = Locate.ContentRepository().GetDefault<ServiceStatusBlock>(ContentReference.GlobalBlockFolder);

fill in savBlk properties

var contentrepo = Locate.Advanced.GetInstance<IContentRepository>();

setup access if needed

var asContent = savBlk as IContent;
asContent.Name = "thenname";
var blkRef = contentrepo.Save(asContent, EPiServer.DataAccess.SaveAction.Publish);
var loaded = contentrepo.Get<IContent>(blkRef);
if (loaded != null)
{
   ServiceStatus wrServiceStatus = CurrentPage.CreateWritableClone() as ServiceStatus;

IContent asContent2 = wrServiceStatus as IContent;

wrServiceStatus.ServicesContentArea.Add(loaded); // At this point the new block shows as being added to the contentarea

var ContentRef2 = contentrepo.Save(asContent2, EPiServer.DataAccess.SaveAction.Publish, AccessLevel.NoAccess);

}

No errors etc, but when the page reloads the new block is not present on the page but does exist in the global block folder.

Any help is much appreciated.

Dec 10, 2013 17:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.