Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to add autocomplete for custom property?

Vote:

I have been migrating EPi 4.61 site to version 7.1. It was pretty laborious but simple task. There is only on problem left. The custom property.

In old system there is thousands of keywords in own database table. There is separate application for keyword administration. For each EPi-page you can choose 1-n of those keywords. In old system you could write those keywords through autocompleting input field and remove unwanted words from list. Old 4.61 system won't work in latest EPi. Better user interface would be just comma separated input field with autocomplete of the last word. 

I have not managed to create working user interface. I have found several examples of custom property editors, but almost all of them are just checkbox list or dropdown lists. I have tried to copy this example:
http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2012/11/Creating-a-more-advanced-property-editor/
It just don't work. No error messages. Nothing. Fooling around with those weird Dojo and dijit widgets feels really fustrating. It is totally new and strange environment for me. 

Simple question for you:
How can I connect keyword autocomplete for the custom property field?

Nov 14, 2013 7:12
Vote:

Please post your C# code (the property and plugin).

Nov 25, 2013 10:44
Vote:

Custom property works just fine. There is no problem with that. Migrated data shows up just fine. The problem is with autocomplete and dojo-widgets in the editing side.

I have tried to make user interface for property, but the widget does not load or anything.

I have tried to mimic this, but it does not work: http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2012/11/Creating-a-more-advanced-property-editor/

Is my module.config ok?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <module loadLocalBin="true">
    <assemblies>
      <add assembly="InternetProject" />
    </assemblies>
    <dojoModules>
       <add name="alloy" path="Scripts" />
   </dojoModules>
<clientModule initializer="InternetProject.ModuleInitializer"></clientModule>
</module>

Widget code is in ClientResources/Scripts folder in ModuleInitializer.js and RequireModule.js files. UIHint and editordescriptor have been made etc.

When I use Firebug I can't find ModuleInitializer from anywhere from loaded script files.

ModuleInitializer.js and RequireModule.js are almost identical with Linus Ekström's code. Just changed namespaces and content of RestStore.

Edited, Nov 28, 2013 10:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.