Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor Search Feature

Vote:

I have several authors who regularly work in the EPiServer editor.

For one of them, the Search box in the Editor (at the top of the Pages navigation) has recently started returning "Content not found". All of the other authors have results turned as expected.

I have had that author use several other browsers, clear their cache, and even reboot their system, all to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on here, or even how to begin troubleshooting this?

Nov 20, 2013 19:53
Vote:

Start by looking in the log file for any errors, the search feature hides issues with the search index and logs them instead so that could be a lead.

Nov 21, 2013 9:00
Vote:

The log files contained an error that indicated "414 Request-URI Too Large". This rather cryptic response was actually to an issue with the LDAP authentication query. The individual having problems was a member of many ActiveDirectory groups, many of them nested, resulting in a authentication query string that was longer than the maximimum field length. We finally, in conversations with Microsoft, identified this as the issue. The solution required a Registry edit on the server to increase the maximum field size to 64K.

I am posting the solution, in case you someone else runs in to this issue.

The Registry was edited with the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters]
"MaxFieldLength"=dword:00009c40 
"MaxRequestBytes"=dword:00008000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters] 
"MaxTokenSize"=dword:0000ffff

Once these keys were created and the system rebooted, the user was able to search successfully in the editor.

Apr 24, 2014 17:02
Vote:

I implied, but didn't say specifically, that we control editing access to EPiServer through ActiveDirectory groups.

Apr 24, 2014 17:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.