Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding a link to the Editor Context Menu

Vote:

Hi All

We are looking at a way to quickly archive a page now, the default solution of having to go to tools -> manage expiration... is a little long winded and we just want to be able to toggle it on and off quickly. What I was thinking was to add a link in the context menu that appears from the button when you hover over a page in the navigation pane (we are using MVC so we do not have the normal right click menu).

The only information I have found about adding links to the context menu is here:

http://www.menzies-smith.co.uk/?p=63

Unfortunately that doesnt seem to work for me, Im guessing this is for version 6 though and something may of changed.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a way to expand this context menu? Alternatively any suggestions on a different way to handle this would be greatly appeciated.

On a similar note, once we have archived a page, we would like to mark that page differently in the menu somehow to make it really stand out as being archived. Is there anyway you can modify the styles in the navigation pane?

Many thanks
Dave

Nov 21, 2013 17:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.