Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add-on controller for path not found

Vote:

Hi,

Trying to create an example add-on for our development process and I am getting the following error when I try to add a block from the add-on to a content area on a page.  The self-optimizing block from EPiServer also shows the same error so I'm assuming it is likely a configuration error but can't seem to find anything sepcific that would relate to this.

The controller for path '/EPiServer/CMS/en/Help/Examples/Optimization-Block,,146_525/' was not found or does not implement IController.

We have added a custom viewengine to reorganize the structure of the Views could this be causing the issue?  If it is how do we overide the view engine and support addons?

Nov 20, 2013 1:47
Vote:

Do you have Patch 3 or later installed on your website? I think this issue corresponds to bug #91052 that was re-fixed in Patch 3.

Also there is a couple of dirty workarounds, but they are far from ideal in case of add-ons. See details here.

Edited, Nov 20, 2013 9:44
Vote:

Yeah thanks that seems to have been the issue.

Nov 25, 2013 5:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.