Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Why dosen't StartPublish get the datetime when it is first published?

Vote:

Hi,

If I create a page the StartPublish date is set to the time when I create the page. If I then spend some time working on the page before i publish it, the StartPublish date still is the datetime of when I created it, and not when I actuall published it. I would expect it to be the datetime of when I actually press publish. Is this a bug?
Because if I schedule the publish date a head, the StartPublish datetime will be the datetime you choose it to be published at.

Oct 31, 2013 9:17
Vote:

It is likely by design, it works the same way also in CMS 6, though I don't know the reasoning behind it. A bit confusing though.

In CMS 7 the confusion is bigger because the "Last published by You, [date]" message when clicking the Publish Options button (top right) actually shows the LastModified date, which often differs from the actual StartPublish date.

(LastModifiedDate is when a page was first created - or the last time you checked the "Update modified date" box before publishing.)

Oct 31, 2013 12:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.