Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Blocks and workflow

Vote:

Hi,

In scope of workflow implementation, we are stumbled (again) to some strange behaviour.

In the root, we have a parallel approval, which would start automatically, on PageCheckedIn event, with Start page for definition - ID 1 for all page types.

When testing workflow, we found out that it works for pages (e.g. classes, inherited from EPiServer.Core.PageData), but would not start automatically for Blocks (e.g. classes, inherited from EPiServer.Core.BlockData).

Even more, in 'Apply to page types' column (i should remind, we have selected 'All page types') one would not see any block :(. So, it seems, that workflow could not be applied to blocks? Am I correct?

Oct 24, 2013 16:22
Vote:

One more unpleasant discovery - one could not even start workflow manually for a block :(

Oct 24, 2013 16:26
Vote:

Episerver developer support confirmed our finding:

"Unfortunately, I believe workflows don't currently support blocks in the current release, sorry to say :(."

Oct 28, 2013 8:37
Vote:

Is this still issue with episerver cms 8.5?

Apr 22, 2015 17:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.