Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Managing blocks on a per page basis

Vote:

Hi,

Is it possible to manage blocks local to a page? I’m thinking managed in the same scope/manner as page files. I would really like to be able to drag/drop blocks around on my page’s content area, but it requires me to deal with globally shared blocks, and that gets really messy real fast when dealing with a big site with many pages with flexible content.

Something along the lines of one folder of blocks per page that is not shared with or visible to other pages is what I want. Is that possible at all?

-- 
Regards,
Tarjei Olsen
Epinova AS

Jan 04, 2013 12:59
Vote:

When use that block as a property in you page type, it becomes as a local block. As far as I know, it is not possible to add a collection of local block in your page type in the current release.

Jan 04, 2013 13:37
Vote:

Hi Tarjei!

The option to have dynamically created "local" blocks on a page is not available in the current release (EPiServer 7) but it's something that we have in our backlog and I hope we can have this support in the next release.

Jan 08, 2013 8:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.