Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How can I get all block within a folder progmmatically?

Vote:

Dear all,

I have created a category called "Jobs" where I add all the "JobBlock" I create. I have a Folder named "Jobs" in the "Global Library" where I have already created 3 "JobBlock" {Job01, Job02, Job03} and I would like to know how can I get all those instances whithin the controller?

var categoryList = CategoryList.LoadCategories();
var categoryId = categoryList.FirstOrDefault(c => categoryList.GetCategoryName(c) == "Jobs");

How can I get a list of "JobBlock"s?

Best regards,

Daniel

Jan 23, 2013 17:51
Vote:

Hmm, categories and block folders aren't related. To get all blocks in a folder you need a reference to the folder. You could for instance create a property of type ContentReference on the start page and have that point to the folder. Then you simply use the GetChildren method located on IContentLoader/IContentRepository/DataFactory with the reference as argument.

Getting all blocks categorized with a specific category is another question, but unless you actually need that, I would recommend using the above approach.

Jan 23, 2013 20:08
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.