Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Linking to deleted pages

Vote:

Hi

We are in the process of upgrading a site from Episerver 6.2 to 7.
On the site we were using ElencySolutions.MultipleProperty.
By duplicating all properties of type PropertyUrl and letting the original property remain a string (and some other small tweeks) we were able to save the original data.
One of our custom property contais an image, a small description and a link to a different page in the site.
If a page in the system only is linked to by such a property it is possible to delete it without getting any warning.
If we delete a page that is only linked in such a property this worked fine in Episerver 6 the page was rendered with a dead link.
But after the upgrade to Episerver 7 we only get exception shown in the attached photo while rendering the page.

Do anyone have an ide on how we can solve this problem ?

Dec 06, 2012 15:26
Vote:

I forgot to attach the photo, but the error message i get is:

Content with id 70 was not found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: EPiServer.Core.ContentNotFoundException: Content with id 70 was not found

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ContentNotFoundException: Content with id 70 was not found]
   EPiServer.DataAccess.ContentLoadDB.LoadContentInternal(ContentReference contentLink, Int32 languageBranchId, DbDataReader reader) +1597
   EPiServer.DataAccess.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Load>b__0() +285
   EPiServer.Data.Providers.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<Execute>b__0() +60
Dec 07, 2012 7:17
Vote:

Hi,

Are you able to solve this problem?

Edited, Dec 14, 2012 6:28
Vote:

Almost, I bypassed the problrm by adding logic in the getter for the url, returning a empty string if i detect that the url is pointing to a internal site that does not exist any more

Dec 14, 2012 7:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.