Moved Site to New Folder and Now have ClientResources error

Joshua Folkerts
Member since: 2008
 

Is there a place i need to make a modification for this.  I moved the site to a different folder and now i get the following error.

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'S:\WWWROOT\Blend\LT\Website\ClientResources\ClientResources\packages.config'.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +224
   System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) +1352
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +65
   System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualFile.Open() +75
   EPiServer.Shell.UI.Web.Resources.ClientResourcePackageLoader.LoadPackages() +104
   EPiServer.Shell.UI.Web.Resources.ShellPackageClientResourceProvider.LoadClientResources() +75
   System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() +416
   System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue() +152
   System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +75
   EPiServer.Shell.UI.Web.Resources.ShellPackageClientResourceProvider.GetClientResources() +12
   EPiServer.Framework.Web.Resources.ClientResourceService.<.ctor>b__1(IClientResourceProvider p) +8
   System.Linq.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext() +234
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +381
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   EPiServer.Framework.Web.Resources.ClientResourceService.<.ctor>b__0() +109
   System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() +416
   System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue() +152
   System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +75

    Any help would be appreciated.

#62694 Nov 01, 2012 2:28
  • Joshua Folkerts
    Member since: 2008
     

    this happens now when i add this to the mvc template

    Html.RenderEPiServerQuickNavigator();

        

    #62695 Edited, Nov 01, 2012 2:36
  •  

    Paths are configured in the virtualPathProviders section of EPiServerFramework.config and there's corresponding configuration for the module virtual path roots in the episerver.shell section of web.config.

    Which actions did you perform in the move? I think a bit more information is required to figure out which additional steps are needed.

     

    #62837 Nov 05, 2012 11:35
  • Dmytro Duk
    Member since: 2008
     

    Could you check fololowing configuration option in EPiServerFramework.config?

     

    <appData basePath="C:\EPiServer\VPP\SiteName" />

        

    Does it contains correct base path for site VPPs folder?

    #62845 Nov 05, 2012 12:23
  •  

    Dmytro's solution fix the problem for me, thanks! I didn't notice that EPiServer tries to create the VPP (or AppData) folder if it does not exist.

    #65306 Jan 25, 2013 12:45
  • John Walsh
    Member since: 2003
     

    Fixed my problem too

    #65561 Feb 01, 2013 10:21
  • Kristian Waalen
    Member since: 2011
     

    It didnt fix my problem :)

    It happens when someone tries to login, and then every page is broken. I am hunting maybe for a episerver edit/admin part that fucks it up.

    I copied all the missing stuff in the episerverframwork config from a working clean Epi7 project, the problem-project is an upgrade-project.

    Is it just me that gets this problem?

    #69832 Apr 08, 2013 9:47
  • Jonas Lindau
    Member since: 2004
     

    Kristian, did you ever solve this? I have i similar error...

    #70691 Apr 26, 2013 11:29
  • Kristian Waalen
    Member since: 2011
     

    I think it is the basepath, because I suddenly got the same problem on a fresh project, now I use \\xx.xx.xx.xx\vpp\[Project Name], but I have to change to the physical path, or so I think. I am going back to this problem project next week, and I hope to fix it quick.

    #70692 Apr 26, 2013 12:01
  • Trond Klakken
    Member since: 2013
     

    Did you find a solution for the problem project, Kristian?

    #70788 Apr 30, 2013 12:49
  • Kristian Waalen
    Member since: 2011
     

    Yeah, my module folder in the VPP Folder was empty, and after copying over the files and dlls from my devPC it started to work.

    I figured it out because after fixing the basepath I could access all the site except edit/admin.

    #70789 Apr 30, 2013 13:01
  • Trond Klakken
    Member since: 2013
     

    Thank you so much, it worked!

    Made a new project and copied over the VPP folder to my projects appData path.

    Note to anyone wondering: Also works with a relative path.

    #70791 Apr 30, 2013 13:15
  • Tim Brown
    Member since: 2013
     

    Just a note. I had this problem - the module folders were missing BUT i had to restart IIS before it worked. Puzzled me for half an hour or so

    #82848 Mar 20, 2014 13:39
  •  

    Make sure your web.config contains the following too (version 7.19):

    <episerver.shell>
    <publicModules rootPath="~/modules/" autoDiscovery="Modules" />
    <protectedModules rootPath="~/backoffice/">
    <add name="Shell" />
    <add name="CMS" />
    </protectedModules>
    </episerver.shell>
    #133173 Edited, Aug 27, 2015 12:14