Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 7 and custom properties

Vote:

Hi,

I am currently researching how to create a custom property with EPiServer 7. The objective is to create a property quite similar to LinkItemCollection, only that the collection holds "objects" with 3-4 fields. For instance:

Name(string) - Role(string) - Email(string) and Image(url)

In EPiServer CMS 6 I would offcourse use ElencySolutions.MultipleProperty to achieve this, but since it isnt available yet I have to come up with something different. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

Nov 27, 2012 10:19
Vote:

Anyone?

Nov 28, 2012 12:19
Vote:

Use blocks for this. You can have a property on your page model that is of a block type. Pseudo code:

public class MyBlock

{

//Block properties here...

}

public class MyPageType

{

public virtual MyBlock SomePropertyName{get; set;}

}

Nov 28, 2012 12:33
Vote:

Sorry, missed the part that you wanted to have a collection of these "blocks". We still don't have built in support for properties that are a list of some type but this is high up in the priority for the next release.

Nov 28, 2012 12:35
Vote:

Hi Linus,

that is good news! When do you expect to ship the next release? 

-Mats

Nov 28, 2012 12:49
Vote:

We are still to early in the process of the next platform release and have not set a date for this yet. We will however, have an update to the CMS user interface in the beginning of next year but collection properties will not be part of this.

Dec 04, 2012 7:41
Vote:

I am having the same questions and found this thread, as far as I can see the collection of block is not available in the current release of EPi Server 7, what I would like to know is what's the alternative solution to solve this issue in EPi7? Can someone provide some code sample?

Thanks a lot

Dec 13, 2012 14:16
Vote:

Any update on this matter?

Cheers,

Apr 12, 2013 15:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.