Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How can I render FormContainerBlockController view component?

Vote:

I need to render FormContainerBlockController view component as a part of my cshtml page.

I do this :

// Model is of EPiServer.Forms.Implementation.Elements.FormContainerBlock type
await Component.InvokeAsync(typeof(FormContainerBlockController), new { currentBlock = Model });

But I am getting error at runtime:

System.InvalidOperationException: A view component named 'EPiServer.Forms.Controllers.FormContainerBlockController' could not be found. A view component must be a public non-abstract class, not contain any generic parameters, and
 either be decorated with 'ViewComponentAttribute' or have a class name ending with the 'ViewComponent' suffix. A view component must not be decorated with 'NonViewComponentAttribute'.

Is there any way to render form view component inside of my cshtml page?

Edited, Sep 28, 2022 9:15
Vote:

Hi Klappo,

Try extending the FormContainerBlockController with a custom controller and invoke that instead.

Sep 30, 2022 0:05
klappo - Sep 30, 2022 8:49
ok, that should work for those, who use aspnet core razor pages site
if you want to have a simple api request without epi pages context (to inject forms somewhere), FormContainerBlockController and FormContainerBlock.cshtml will throw null reference exceptions at calling FormsExtensions.GetCurrentPageLink().ToString();
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.